Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pretending to Be Belle

     My favorite Disney princess is Belle. I fell in love with "Beauty and the Beast" when I was eight and ever since then I have coveted the library the Beast gave to Belle. (I really, really want that library.) So, when I was told that there was a library in Prague that was as pretty as Belle's library (I was originally told that it WAS Belle's library--but a library in Paris and one in Vienna also claim this), I knew that one day I would have to go. That day was today. Even though it was cool and rainy, I ventured up to the Strahov Monastery to see their pretty libraries. And they are BEAUTIFUL! In fact, they're so pretty that I really just want to move in the monastery so they can be mine....somehow, I don't think they'd let me.

Beautiful Prague



I want this library!







Do you think they'd notice if I moved in?


      On my way back home, I decided to wander down the hill toward Charles Bridge. As I was crossing the bridge I mad a spur of the moment decision to climb the bridge tower. What I like about Prague is that many tourist places give a discount if you have an Open Card--the public transportation pass we can get so we don't have to keep buying tickets. By the time I climbed the tower, the sun had come out and it was turning into a beautiful afternoon. And I'm sure, Belle would have approved my adventure. :)

I love this band!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment